Wednesday, March 1, 2017

2017 Resolutions - March Update

It's that time!  My monthly look at my resolutions!  After several failures at meeting my goals last year, I'm hoping for more success this year. Are you ready?  Here goes:

1) Complete 12 Home Improvement Projects This Year
We finally got the handles on the cabinet doors under the kitchen sink.  Six months after we claimed to be finished with the repair, we finally put the handles on!  We can open the doors without pulling at the top, which should extend the overall life of those cabinet doors.  It's the little things!

Handles!!!


2) Lose a Few More Inches Around My Waist
I've had the flu for most of the last two weeks.  I don't want to talk about this one.

3) Get Away With My Husband - Just the Two of Us - Twice
The first one is done!  We went up to Pennsylvania to visit our oldest son.  We were with him, but we also had some alone time.  Too bad that was the day I came down with the flu.  Ah romance - NOT!  Not quite how I envisioned time alone with him!

4) Lenten Cleaning Challenge
On your mark, get set..... GO!  Today is the beginning of Lent, and today the challenge begins.  I'm hoping to throw out/ get rid of 40 bags of crap in 40 days.  The key thing to remember here is that the bags can be any size bags.  That's going to make a difference!

5) Post at Least 12 Book Reviews on my Books for Teens Blog
2 Down!

This month's title was The Rithmatist
My Review: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/2017/02/the-rithmatist.html

6) Finish the Hallway Bathroom
This one ties into the one below...
March 31 is the date we will have the amount of money set for our budget, and the chaos begins!

7) Participate in the NoSpenduary Challenge
February is over!  Our taxes have been submitted, and the refund we get will be applied to the bathroom balance.  Keep your fingers crossed that NOTHING BREAKS.


8) Learn Another Language
Our public library has Rosetta Stone available online.  I've begun working my way through the Spanish program.  I'm also watching Sesame Street on VeMe (Spanish Language PBS)  Does watching Jane the Virgin count?  The program is bilingual....

9) 100 Things Every Marylander Should Do
I didn't get out much this month.  That whole not spending thing, you know.


10) Daughter's Quilt
Is being worked on!  Here, you see the adorable Luna "helping" me quilt.



Can I just say, since I'm doing the NoSpenduary Challenge, I'm not going many places.  As a result, I'm making some pretty serious progress on that quilt!


11) Clean Out the Closet and Dresser Drawers in the Master Bedroom

I've cleaned out the drawers in one dresser.  I've cleaned out the closet.  I've been tackling the pile of crap on the floor, but I am losing steam on this.  The pile isn't getting any smaller!  For this month, I'm going to cut that down into smaller chunks and make myself deal with ten items from that pile every day.  Hopefully, that pile will be gone and I'll be on to the other, short dresser when I check back in on this next month!

12) Clean Out the Little Room in the Basement and Make it Usable
I haven't gotten to this yet.  I should make some progress while I'm attempting to get through the 40 bags in 40 days.

13) Work on the Landscaping in the Front Yard
It's not nice enough to be working on this yet.

14) Take At Least One Class Through the American Library Association
I finished the class!  I submitted two of the lessons that I wrote, and they have been approved as library programs for this summer!  Hooray!  It's going to be a great summer!  Even better?  I got a few more CEU's to add to the total number of hours I need to renew my teaching certificate.


How are you doing with your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment