Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday Musings

The Flu
I finally got over the flu and then my husband came down with the flu.  The flu hit him harder than it hit me, and he's really been struggling with it.  He'd had the flu for all of 48 hours when he decided he was going to go to work.  He got up at 5 am to go to work, got into the shower, and promptly passed out in the shower.  Yeah, passed out in the shower.  Talk about a slippery situation!  It turns out he was thoroughly dehydrated - and still running a pretty high fever.  He ended up spending the rest of the week at home.  He's mostly recovered, but he still has a wicked cough.

Weather
Have you had the wild weather we've been having in the Mid-Atlantic region?  We've had 70* weather, snow showers, and sun all within a week.  We still haven't had enough measurable snow to make me happy.  One good storm, with at least six inches of snow.  Is that too much to ask?   Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get that storm this year.

40 Bags in 40 Days
The bags are coming out of the house.  One of the bags that I pulled out was a bag full of expired prescription drugs that I took to the locked drop box at the police station. So very, very glad to get that stuff out of our house.

As of today, the bag count is 10.

Bad Books
So, have you ever started reading a book and discovered that you absolutely hated it?  I'm reading one of those books now.  Normally, I would give up on the book and move on, but it's required reading for a training at work next month.  I'm slogging through it.  It's a young adult book, and it's 350 pages long.  I've been chipping away at it for over a week now.  I'm making myself read it when I go to the gym.  You know it's bad when I find myself hopping off of the bike to GO LIFT WEIGHTS rather than read any more of the book.  I've been lifting weights, a lot while reading this book.  I'm going to make myself finish it, but it's not going to be pretty. 

Small Car Problems
Don't you hate when you park your car in the parking lot at the grocery store and come out to find that you have a Chevy Suburban parked on either side of you?  I drive a Honda Civic.  I swear I walked past my car - I couldn't see it from afar since it was boxed in by big cars.  And then backing that little car out when you've got such a huge blind spot on either side of you.  I have a back up camera on that car, but even with that, pulling that little car out is dangerous when you've got two such big cars on either side of you.

Enjoy your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment