Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Random Thoughts

Barre Class
I went to a Barre class this week.  Now there was a challenging class!  Nothing but small little movements while balanced with a ballet barre. It seemed like a good idea at the time!  The teacher was wonderful and supportive.  Even though I was not the most fit person in the room, she did take the time to make certain that I felt welcomed and a part of the class.

Days later, I'm still sore.  Yeah, I really worked out those muscles!  I'm looking forward to doing that again!

A snow covered field last week.

Knitting
I've been teaching a knitting class recently.  I knit Continental - the way many people who learned to crochet first learn how to knit.  It requires holding the tension of the yarn on your left finger while you hook the yarn around your right needle - much like you would wrap the yarn around a crochet hook.  I've been working with people who already crochet, so they understand the concept of keeping the tension constant in your left finger.  Teaching this group has been a lot of fun!

Baking
Monday was an unexpectedly productive day for me.  Not only did I get ALL of the laundry done (a task which I normally spread over a week), I made Cranberry Orange Muffins, Granola, and Cranberry Walnut Power Balls.  Before I left for work, I managed to leave dinner for the husband and my daughter in the oven.  I even managed to clean the bathroom.  Overall, a really productive day!

A Find While Cleaning
Part of the purge of the basement is finding stuff I thought I'd lost.  The latest find?  Not one, but two Easy Bake Ovens.  I knew we had one before we moved here 10 years ago, but I never could find it again.  Once I got here, I couldn't find it again, so I always just assumed that I had given it away before we moved.  I dug into a closet yesterday and what did I find?  The original oven!  The newer one was on a shelf in the storage area of the basement.  Now what do we do with two Easy Bake ovens?

Interview Clothes
Middle child has job interviews starting next week.  We were going through his clothes today, trying to figure out what he had to wear that was professional - and we realized we hadn't really bought any dress clothes for him since before he went off to college.  Even worse, we hadn't bought him a new pair of dress shoes since he was in MIDDLE SCHOOL!  What were we thinking?  So today, we went out and bought dress shoes, pants, and a couple of new shirts.  Can he really be old enough to be interviewing for jobs in the real world?

Kids Home
I'm appreciating the fact that my grown children choose to come spend their vacations with us!  How lucky am I that they still like to spend time with us?


No comments:

Post a Comment