Monday, May 1, 2017

2017 Resolutions - April Update

April has not been the best of months.  My beloved Tiger, cat with the heart of a Lion passed away.  After 15 years with our family, he tried his hardest to stay with us, but it was his time.  I really am going to miss that cat.  I've tried to capture in words what he meant to me - but I just can't.  He was there for me through thick and through thin - the kids going off to college, my Dad passing away, and the slow loss of all of my Dad's siblings.  New jobs, promotions, sleepless nights, and wonderful news - he was there for it all, purring and gently reminding me that my job was to scritch his ears.  





Once you get past that, this has been a great month for my resolutions!  I've met a lot of goals this month, including a long term goal we've had on the list for YEARS now!  I am so excited!


1) Complete 12 Home Improvement Projects in 12 months.
This month's project was an unexpected one.  The pipe that runs the water out of the house and out to the septic tank exploded - right where the pipe goes through the basement wall.  Not a planned fix, but the value of having waste water go out of the house can't be underestimated. 

2) Lose a Few More Inches Around My Waist
1/2 inch so far.

3) Get Away With My Husband - Twice
It happened once back in February.  It's going to happen again in July!  Who-Hoo!  Hopefully, this time I won't get sick while we're there!

4) Lenten Cleaning Challenge
Done!  40 Bags, boxes, dump runs - it has been finished!  There is noticeable improvement in the level of stuff in the house!

5) Post At Least 12 Book Reviews on my Books for Teens Blog
I was a little behind! I've caught up this month!
Every Falling Star: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/2017/04/every-falling-star.html
Strange the Dreamer: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/2017/04/strange-dreamer.html

6) Finish the Hallway Bathroom
In progress.  I am so excited to knock this one off of my list!
So far, we've replaced the baseboard heater, and husband has been re-enameling the wall tile (not the tub surround.)  Replacement of the tub, tub surround, vanities and toilet is scheduled for later this month.

Re-enameling the wall tile!  What a stink!


7) Participate in the NoSpenduary Challenge
 For the first three months of this year, we spent no unnecessary money.  This was the money we used to finance the bathroom remodel and pay the plumber to come in and fix the pipes so our water runs out of the house and not directly onto the floor of our basement.

8) Learn Another Language
I think I might have to give up on this. I am just not applying myself to this the way that I should.

9) 100 Things Every Marylander Should Do
I wanted to do a few more of these - the quintessential Maryland experiences.

My plan for today is to drive Charles Street from downtown to the Baltimore County Line.  Look for pictures later this week!

10) Daughter's Quilt
I've been working on it.  I hope to have it finished before the end of the year!

Luna "helping" me quilt.


11) Clean Out Closet and Dresser Drawers
I've been working on this.  I've cleaned out my closet, and the tall dresser.  I still need to get at the low dresser.  Somehow, I need to arrange to have more time in my week!

12) Clean Out the Little Room in the Basement and Make it Usable
I need more time in my week!

13) Work on Landscaping the Front Yard
The weather is warm enough.  However, after the death of Tiger, I am working on a Memorial Garden.  It's not going to be in the front yard, but it will be in the back yard, in one of the spots where Tiger liked to spend his time engaging in academic bird watching.  I've already planted a Rhododendron and a Holly Bush.  I've got more plans in the works....

14) Take At Least One Class Through the American Library Association
I finished the class!  I submitted two of the lessons that I wrote, and they have been approved as library programs for this summer!  Hooray!  It's going to be a great summer!  Even better?  I got a few more CEU's to add to the total number of hours I need to renew my teaching certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment