Friday, January 19, 2018

Grocery Expenses

I went well over budget for the month this week.  I spent $350 on groceries this week.  We decided that putting money into groceries to see us through a couple of weeks made some sense with some paycheck uncertainty approaching for my husband.  My paycheck can cover the minimum payment on bills. Fortunately, I've gotten ahead on car payments and the mortgage, so we can skip a payment if we have to.

What did we have for dinner this week?

Salmon Pasta Salad

Shepherd's Pie
This made lunch for 2 more days.

Asian Lettuce Wraps with turkey.
I took the leftover meat, and wrapped it up in corn tortillas to make a fusion style enchilada.  The results were amazing!!!

The One Pound Bag of Garbanzo Beans
I rehydrated the beans and cooked them in the InstaPot.  From there, I made:
Hummus
Moroccan Chick Pea Stew
Sheet Pan Meat Balls with Crispy Tumeric Chick Peas

I must admit, I still have a ton of food in the freezer.  I don't think I'm going to need to go shopping again for a while!

Total spent this month:
This week: $350
To date: $425

No comments:

Post a Comment