Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Meals

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  I got glutened sometime two weeks ago, and I am struggling to regain my balance.  In addition to the mood swings and the constant stomach pain, the intestinal consequences, the outbreak of boils, and the constant sugar cravings that accompany my gluten reaction, I've had little to no energy to get out and go grocery shopping after a day of work.

I finally started to feel more like myself over the weekend.

I managed to pack my meals for the week on Sunday.  I only work 4 days this week, so I packed 4 lunches.

1) Monday-
(I work 1-9, so I need dinner)
Shepherd's Pie.  I made a big batch - and I froze 4 portions, took 1 to work with me. 
Side salad with lettuce and other veggies in the house.
Banana

2) Tuesday-
GF tortilla wrap with lettuce, sprouts, onions, bell peppers, and other tasty goodness, ham and fake cheese.
Cocunut Milk Yogurt with mixed berries and granola.

Due to the nature of GF bread products, I pack the tortillas separately, and then assemble everything just before eating.  Otherwise, the tortilla falls apart before I get to eat my meal.

3) Wednesday
Bento Box Lunch
1 hard boiled egg
Carrot and Bell Pepper Strips
Hummus
Deli Ham
Fake cheese sliced into quarters
GF crakers

4) Thursday
Salad - a big, green salad with
Lettuce, bell peppers, onions, peas, beets, pumpkin seeds, Craisins, sliced Brussels Sprouts, and grilled chicken.

Friday, we're going to be flying, so I'll be packing my allergen friendly stuff in my purse.  For me, this consists of a bag of tuna, 2 packets of fast food mayo and 1 of mustard.  If I'm lucky, I'll find a packet of pickle relish to add to the pack.  I travel with a spoon and celery sticks.  (Eating this tuna salad on a celery stick is one of the few approved uses of celery sticks!  ha!)   I'll also be bringing this combination back with me on the plane.Fortunately, this is a short hop, and not a 16 hour flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment