Monday, August 6, 2018

Catonsville Public Library

A classic Mid-Century Modern library with the design elements classic to this era, the Catonsville Library is a large, open branch in the Baltimore County Library System.  Located on Main Street, this branch is located within easy walking distance of much of the community.

Here's a few pictures I took recently when I stopped to check out the branch after attending a meeting close by:

The front entrance.  That's Main Street on the right.

I love the mural in the children's section!

The children's section is to the right.  Adult to the left.  This is the adult section.

The middle is a large open space!  Around the outside of the square, you have the stacks.

One of the few pictures I could get of the center without people.

And a close up of the windows around the top of the open space.  Lots of natural light!

Let me tell you - I go to visit these libraries, and they are packed with people.  Attempting to get any shots of any building without any faces in them is next to impossible.  This is just a small sampling of what the library looks like.  Trust me, this place was packed with people!

Baltimore County Public Library Website: https://www.bcpl.info/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment