Friday, August 3, 2018

Mysterious Retirement Party

One of my coworkers retired last month.  We held a retirement party for her in the branch.

Have you ever read the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny?  If you have, you must be familiar with Gabri and Olivier's Bistro.  It's a gathering place, and the characters return frequently to the cafe to talk, eat, and gossip. 

Our librarian loves mysteries, and Louise Penny is her favorite author.  We attempted to set up the meeting room to look like Gabri and Olivier's cafe.  I don't know how successful we were, but the party was a hit.  I think we did the best job we possibly could to make a library meeting room seem like a cafe in a village in Quebec. 

We also set up a life size Clue game as a part of the party.  Clues were scattered about the room, and the suspects were a few of our co-workers.  We had a great time figuring out who got rid of Mr. Body in the library!

Well deserved retirement wishes are sent out to Leanne, the Maven of Mysteries and Librarian Extraordinaire.

I took a few pictures of our decorations, and I wanted to share them with you!

An attempt to make eclectic centerpieces.  I made bookmarks for Myrna's bookstore, too.

The sign says it all!

It does look like a cafe, doesn't it?

An homage to Louise Penny.  We imagine this is what her writing area looks like.

The mystery photo booth!  Gosh, this was fun!

A different centerpiece!
Trust me, there was food.  Tons of food!  I didn't take pictures of it, because I was too busy enjoying myself.  The party was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment