Monday, March 9, 2026

Leonard's Bakery

 Malasadas.  They should be called a gift from the Hawaiian Gods to humanity.  These wonderful Portuguese doughnut without a hole are filled with a delightful creme. I know that they sound like Boston Creme donuts, but let me assure you that a Boston Creme can't hold a candle to the light fluffiness of a Malasada. 

Malasadas were on my must try list for Hawaii.  We went to Leonard's Bakery.  Leonard's is the Original Malasada Bakery.  They began making Malasadas on Shrove Tuesday in 1953, and now they make them every single day.  

And the fillings?  Absolutely amazing. I tried several different fillings - Dobash, Haupia, and Pineapple.  Trust me when I tell you that they were absolutely amazing.

Leonard's offers so many other pastries.  I never got around to trying anything else because Malasadas were so high on my list.   

5/5, would recommend Leonard's Bakery to anyone who is passing through O'ahu!

Malasadas, fresh out of the fryer!

The famous pink box!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment