Let's hop into the Way Back Machine. When I was in Fourth Grade, my teacher held a six-week unit on Hawaii. We ended the unit with a "traditional" luau. I put "traditional" in parenthesis because when you've got a bunch of hyperactive 9 year olds in the middle of Ohio dancing the hula in cut-up trash bags, there's only so much "tradition" that you can claim. We learned about the Hawaiian Royal Family. Polynesian Culture. The volcanoes. The Black Sand Beaches. Pearl Harbor. Riding the Waves. What it means when someone says "surf's up". I really wanted to go!
Time has a way of marching ever steadily onward. Life happens. And now, it is many, many years later. And I finally got to go! Two weeks of bliss in Hawaii! I have a few pictures and other things to share with you over the next few days.
I'll start with a few of my favorites. We were on both O'ahu and Ha'waii. We spent a week on each island and explored everything. It was magical!
 |
| Another beautiful stream. |
 |
| Akaka Falls. |
 |
So peaceful! |
 |
| Love these flowers. |
 |
| A chick and her mama! They are everywhere and they are beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment