Wednesday, October 28, 2015

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month-
is coming up in November.  The challenge is to write a 50,000 novel during the month of November.  You can join the fun by going to the NaNoWriMo website and signing up.  When you join the community, you are getting together with a large group of people who all are promising to sit down and write a book during the month of November.  You keep track of your word count daily, until you finish your book.

This year, I am planning on writing down the stories from when I was teaching and subbing.  I have a store house of stories, and I'd like to write them down before I forget them all.  I worked in 2 very different settings - inner city schools before my kids were born, and then rural schools - in the system where we now live - a few years ago.  Their stories are poignant, funny, and heartbreaking, and need to be told.

What about you?  I'm sure you have a story to tell.

Get ready, get set......

No comments:

Post a Comment