Thursday, October 1, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015

So, here we are, heading into the tenth month of the year.  Some of these resolutions have been spectacular successes... some - well - let's say they're going to be spectacular failures.  Most of them have been successful.

1) Exercise More, Walk 500 Miles.
FAIL.  Torn ligaments in my ankle are going to put me out of commission for the rest of this year.
So - I'm just going to chalk this one up as a fail.  I'll be joining a chair yoga class next month, and doing PT in October, but I don't think that this one is going to go down in the record books as a success.

2) Lose 10 pounds
As of this morning, I've lost 4 pounds.  I really want to lose 6 more before the end of the year.  It's hard to do when you can't get out and exercise.

3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom
We believe we've got the money set aside to work on the plumbing.  I just have to find a day I can take off of work to be home to meet the plumber.  Husband keeps insisting he can do it, but it's been over 5 years and he hasn't done it yet.


4) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt

5) Clean and Organize the Family Room in the Basement
Done!  Now that the kids are all in school, we have started cleaning out the entire house, little by little.

6) Cut Back on the Time I Spend on Social Media
Done!  It helps that I don't have any social media apps on my phone.  Taking those apps off of my phone has also freed up a lot of space on my phone and my iPhone 4s is STILL going strong!

7) Read 75 Books This Year
I am making excellent progress on this goal!  At the end of September, I have read  59 books.  16 more books to go!  With three months left, that leaves me a little over 5 books to read each month.

8) Get Out of Debt, Pay College Tuition Without Going Deeper Into Debt
This is coming along nicely.  You know what's really odd?  You send the last kid of to college, and go grocery shopping and realize that you have now bought enough food for you and your hubby to eat for over 2 weeks, without an intermediary stop at the grocery store!


9) Spend More Time With My Family
Modern Technology is a wonderful thing!  Up until August, all of my kids were still in Maryland.  Both of the boys were in college less than an hour away from home.  That's changed now.  We have kids in Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.  Sunday night, we had a massively fun Skype call with all of the kids at once.  It was a raucous two hours!

10) 365 Grateful
Hmm... I had been posting directly from my phone to Flickr... and then I had to take Flickr out in order to free up some memory.  I posted pictures earlier this week under "Random Pictures" of things that I am thankful for.


11) Replace the Car That Was Totaled
A few years back, the car was totaled in an accident.  Nobody was hurt, but the car was destroyed.
Bent frame, bent rims, destroyed tires.  While we no longer need 3 cars, our Civic has well over 200,000 miles on it and it needs to be replaced.  I want to have a substantial down payment to put on a new car.  We'll replace the car after we finish the hallway bathroom.


12) I Will Maintain My Friendships
I am very, very glad that I've reconnected with people that I haven't seen in a long time.  It's reminded me of times past, and who I used to be, and how much we all have grown up over the years. 

13) I Will Have More Adventures
I'm going to declare this one DONE.  Injured knee, colonoscopy, visits to State Parks where I can't walk around, sending my oldest kid off to Graduate School, youngest child off to college, experiencing an empty nest for the first time in 22 years, tearing the ligaments in my ankle.  Yeah, I've had enough adventures.  I need a more sane and stable life.  NO MORE ADVENTURES.

14) I Will Craft More
We have a woman at our church who makes monthly trips into the VA hospital.  She recently asked for lap blankets to give to the veterans.  I made a couple of blankets, that were added to blankets donated by other people from the church.  They were blessed by our pastor on Sunday morning.  All told the  group of us donated over 30 lap blankets.  It's a miracle what can happen when a group of people all put in their individual contributions.

What kind of progress are you making on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment