Saturday, October 31, 2015

Random Pictures

It's been a while since I've posted random pictures of my world.  I have a few new fun ones that I thought I'd like to share with you!  As part of my quest to keep my friendships up, I got together with a group of friends - we were all Girl Scout Moms together - and we went to a Bag Bingo to support our high school chapter of the Future Farmers of America.  (FFA)  I usually go to these things with the full expectation that I will never win anything, but that it is a great way to spend a fun filled evening with friends and catch up.  I know that the money I spend is going to support the group that is running the Bingo, and to me, that is a fair exchange.  Imagine my surprise when I actually won something!  I got this writing kit - with a pen, a journal, and a bag.  I do believe that writing every single day is important, and I am thrilled to have a journal to write down the things that I might not write about on the blog!  Some stuff that I write or think really doesn't belong on the internet for everyone to see!

Our leaves are coming down at a really quick pace.  The crunch, crunch, crunch of leaves underfoot is my favorite part of fall!  I really enjoy raking them all into piles and jumping in them!  Crunch, crunch, crunch!  First comes the gorgeous color while the leaves are still on the trees, and then comes the fun of playing in the leaves after they fall!  It's a win win for everyone!  I'm even crazy enough that I enjoy raking the leaves.  It's a pretty awesome whole-body workout that's fun to do.  I only wish shoveling snow was as fun as raking leaves!
These are dragon fruits.  Have you ever had one?  I love their look - so wild and crazy, but I can't bring myself to actually buy one and cut into it to see what it tastes like.  If you take a whimsical look at the fruit, you can see the tail sticking out of one end, and the head on the other.  I like to think the green leaves sticking up look like dragon scales.  We were at Wegman's when we took these pictures.  I'm not sure what the prickly ball things below are.  That's one very enjoyable thing about walking through the produce section at Wegmans - you've got the expected fruits and vegetables, and then you've got the really fun ones, too.  The next picture below this one was also from Wegmans.  I love their marketing.  This display was set up by the cheese section,





Princess Luna is really, really missing her girl.  She's been cuddling up on my lap and sleeping a lot.  I think she's just adorable when she curls up like this!



The tree across the street from me in its full, glorious autumn splendor.  Good golly, how I love this tree!  Believe it or not, I did not run this picture through the filters.  This is how the tree looks in the fall.  I think because it was a cloudy day the colors really stand out more.




Finally, a picture of the library where I work.  It's a very small, highly specialized library, and it's full of character and characters.  I love this time of the morning - while it's absolutely silent before the students arrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment