Saturday, October 10, 2015

What a Week!

No, I haven't posted in a little over a week, sorry.

It's been a busy week.  I began Physical Therapy.  Twice this week.  And exercises to do at home.  Good heavens, it hurts.  I love going to therapy, and I enjoy the practice and my therapist.  I feel great when I'm exercising, but three hours later, by golly does it hurt.  Just the ankle brace is enough most of the time, but for the 12 hours after therapy, I need my crutch to keep me from falling flat on my face.  I've got three more weeks of therapy before I go back to my doctor and find out if the therapy worked, or if I'm going to need surgery to fix that bugger.

Husband had a colonoscopy.  Nobody enjoys them, but they are essential.  Think about it - a very uncomfortable 48 hours and the doctor runs a scope up your keester.  If you've got polyps, hey, they're gone.  One of the most treatable forms of cancer, taken care of before it becomes a problem.  Husband had one polyp removed.  We got the results back yesterday, and it was benign.  HOORAY!!

At work, I've been checking all of our electronic subscriptions to verify that we have the electronic subscriptions that we say we have.  It's been a lot of clicks. Way too many clicks.  But, I finally finished on Friday.  You know, if you have a public library card, you can access a pretty vast array of online resources through the library website with your card.  Check it out!  There are so many things available online, and I'm not certain that everyone knows what all is available.

Several people have asked me how daughter is doing.  She's going to college in Georgia, and people were concerned that she had been flooded out with the storms that hit South Carolina last weekend.  Sad thing is, that storm pretty much dumped in South Carolina and South Carolina ONLY.  They are fine, and the campus is dry.  Unfortunately, the people of South Carolina are not so dry.  My prayers go out for the people of South Carolina.  We who do not live in that area can not even begin to imagine. 

But, daughter had one little blip last week.  The drywall in their room got "squishy" and "soft".  Housing had to come in and replace the drywall in their room on Monday while they were in class.  The nice thing is, they were able to replace the affected walls (and they covered everything for them during the process) in one day.  I can honestly say, in the years I spent in college, we never had a squishy drywall problem.

I hope you're enjoying this wonderful fall weather!  Pumpkin Patches, apple picking, hay rides, and homecoming games.  Enjoy it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment