Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Dreaming of Veggies

The seed catalogs have arrived, and I've begun planning my garden for this year.  I know where it's going to be located, and I've decided that I will wage war against the ants that have tried to push me out of my garden space in the past.  This might end with the ants physically destroying the garden, but they could just move a few feet over into my neighbor's back yard.

I've decided that I'm going to plant the vegetables that I love that I adore but can't find easily at the farmer's market.  These are the vegetables that usually sell 3 for $5, and we love them and just can't get enough of them.

So far, this list includes beets, kohlrabi, ginger, asparagus, celery, leeks, onions, rhubarb, delicata squash, fennel, broccolini, and possibly a cantaloupe.

There are so many others that I'm looking at, trying to convince myself that I don't need to plant them all. (Heirloom tomatoes, I hear your siren call.)  I can't possibly grow them all. I know I want more... so much more.  I love that wonderful green goodness, still warm from my garden!




 FoxTrot Classics by Bill Amend, July 27, 2009 Via @GoComics: One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment