Monday, February 8, 2016

Manic Monday

Where to begin?

Daughter's tooth got massively infected last week. We spent days in the dentist office.  One appointment to diagnose, followed by tons of antibiotics.  Root Canals, a crown, and an unexpected trip to the Oral Surgeon for a consult before the root canal was done.

We headed down to Virginia to spend a day with my Mom over the weekend. She turned 85 earlier this week.  We had a FANTASTIC time with her!  We spent the day talking about everything and nothing.  We went out to lunch at Bob Evans, where we had the most fantastic meal with the most wonderful waitress.  What a great day we had!  So much fun, so fortunate to have more time with my Mom. 

Work last week was interesting.  Most days I love my job, but last week, I didn't quite so much enjoy it.  Maybe 1 out of the 5 days was a good one.  I'm hoping that next week is a better week. 

I had a unique problem this past week.  I have read two fantastic books in a week.  I finished Divergent, and then I read Born of Betrayal.  Both books were fantastic, and I couldn't put either book down.  Born of Betrayal was written by Sherilyn Kenyon.  I've read other books by her, and she weaves a compelling story.  This book did not disappoint. I was forcibly pulled into her world and did not surface again until I had finished the book.  I'll be posting reviews for both books later this week, but wanted to put a note about them here.  I wanted to point out one more thing that I'll point out again in the reviews.  While Divergent is a Young Adult book, with themes appropriate for teens, Born of Betrayal is definitely an adult book, with adult themes and adult language.  Keep that in mind.

One last thing to point out:  more Primary voting takes place this week.  If you live in one of the states that is voting, PLEASE get out and vote.  Every vote does count.  But, I can hear one or two people saying "But my favorite candidate has already dropped out.  Why should I go?"  Go and vote!  Vote for your candidate if he's on the ballot.  Vote for your second choice.  Keep in mind - the candidates do get candidates who will cast their votes behind another candidate at the convention.  Your vote could be crucial if the race comes down to a very close heat between two candidates.   No matter what, remember - YOUR VOTE COUNTS.  EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.  THE PRIMARIES ARE IMPORTANT.

Take care everyone!  Have a great week!  Stay safe and hug your loved ones tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment