Thursday, May 26, 2016

Summer and Random Pictures

Wow, summer arrived with a bang yesterday!  It had been a cold and wet spring for us in the Mid-Atlantic this year, with long bouts of cold, wet, rainy days.  I turned our heaters off in April when we hit our first big warm spell - and kept it off.  We ended up lighting a fire in the fireplace several days as we fought to keep the chill out of the house and as this stubborn frugal girl fought to keep the heaters off.

Yesterday, the heat arrived, and with it came all of the humidity from a months' worth of rain.  Holy cow, it feels like late July or early August right now!

We are having our annual inspection of the a/c system today, and then *fingers crossed* all will be set for the rest of the summer.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some pictures from my garden!

That's one very overgrown garden!  A month of rain will do that!

Peony


Coreopsis


I think this is Salvia - I don't remember and can't get close enough to see my little sign on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment