Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Weekly Wonderings

I had an interview at work yesterday.  This interview was for an "upgrade" if you will.  The position requires a greater knowledge of copyright law than I have.  I've spent the last few weeks going deeper into copyright law, fair use, and their applications.  I feel like I have a good working knowledge of it now.  Is it enough to get the new job?  Who knows?  I feel that I interviewed well.  So now, I wait.  No matter who is hired, I enjoyed going through the process.  And I learned new stuff, so that's a win, right?  If you're ever looking for some fantastic eLearning courses, the American Library Association has a plethora of relevant material on a multitude of subjects.  Thank you ALA for all you do for us!
The geese are intrigued with the book drop.

I've been scurrying around the house, attempting to get space cleaned out for middle child who comes home from college for the summer next week.  Problem is, I still haven't really gotten youngest child's stuff settled away from when she moved back home from college at the end of the first quarter.  I honestly don't know where everything is going to go, even though I have gotten rid of a lot of crap in the house.  I just don't seem to have enough space for college kids and all of their stuff.


I got a ceiling fan (mostly) installed for Mother's Day.  I bought the fan for myself last year, just before Mother's Day with my Christmas money.  So, after a year of sitting in a box on the floor, installation has begun.  It's going into the master bedroom, and should help alleviate the stagnant air problem that we have in that room year round.  Husband got the holes cut into the ceiling, the ceiling supports installed, and the junction box put in.  I might very well end up hiring an electrician to come in and finish up the installation.  No matter who finishes installing it, I really want it working before the summer heat settles in.  Our bedroom is brutally hot and humid during the summer - even when the a/c is cranked way down.

I finally, finally finished the last of the big doctors appointments now that I have celebrated my 14th annual 36th birthday.  Everything has come back normal, with the exception of two new moles that are sending me off to a dermatologist.  I've never been so happy in my life to be told I'm normal!  Hey, even better, my numbers have improved across the board!  (I'm not thrilled about the moles, but hey, once they're gone, they're gone.)

Have you found a farmer's market yet?   I hit up a small one over the weekend.  Strawberries, spinach, rhubarb, asparagus, and beets.  OH MY!!!  We had a strawberry spinach salad this weekend, along with strawberry rhubarb cobbler, and gently stir fried asparagus, and roasted beets, and I made a fried egg sandwich this morning with spinach and onions and had fresh strawberries as a side dish - oh, my word.  I have been a positive vegetable glutton this past week.  I just can't get enough spinach and kale. 






No comments:

Post a Comment