Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday Musings

Thoughts and prayers go to the people in Orlando, and especially to those who have lost loved ones.

Another week without a kitchen.  This is starting to get old!  We've been grilling a lot.  Who knew that it was possible to get this tired of grilled food?  Maybe I'll start working on slow cooker meals this week.  I really want my kitchen back.
A happy bunch of flowers!

The weather has been wonderful for drying clothing outdoors.  We've been drying everything outside (except on days when rain is in the forecast.)  I've been getting clothes in the wash early in the morning, and then getting them out on the line before I leave for work.

Daughter had a post-op infection set in after her wisdom teeth were pulled.  *sigh*.  She went back for her follow up check up, and yep, she was infected.  The doctor gave her a shot of antibiotics, and she passed out.  Yeah, great way to spend an afternoon.   She spent some extra time in the office, and then we got her home.   She's still taking oral antibiotics.  She's goes back to the doctor next week.  You know, she had a pretty massive abscess on the other side of her jaw in January that took three rounds of antibiotics to clear out.  I'm hoping that this infection clears out faster.  The surgeon assured me that the two are not related, but you know how a mother's mind works.  I'm convinced they're related somehow.

Middle son is getting ready to head back to what might very well be his very last year of summer camp.  He's senior staff, and the challenges are many.  He's enjoying the challenges.  He is also planning on spending a lot of time thinking through "what comes next" for him. He graduates next year, and some decisions need to be made between now and then. (Questions like: do I go to graduate school or into the work world?)

I reviewed The Curious Cat Spy Club on my Books for Teens blog.  You can link to my review here.  

The general election is coming up soon.  Have you registered to vote?  You've got time, so now is the time to find out if you are registered, and if you're not to go register.  Find out where your polling location is, and find our where the early voting locations are in your area.  It might seem like your vote doesn't matter, but it truly does.

No comments:

Post a Comment