Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday Musings

The most fantastic boss, and a very good friend left my place of employment two weeks ago.   I love him dearly, and in the two weeks since he left, I realize just how much of a force he was in that place. When you have somebody who challenges you and helps you to realize just how much you actually can do - AND that person is your boss - WOW.  Just wow.  What a thrill it was, working for him!  I am going to miss him more than words can say.  I wish him well in the next step in his journey.

I've made more progress than I thought possible on stuff around the house this weekend.  In my continuing quest to get almost 2,000 things out of my house this year, I am in the process of tackling my closet.  I am cleaning and dumping clothes that no longer fit.  It's been a trying process.  I still don't want to admit how much junk I had in my closet, but I'll be hitting a big number when I tally things up at the end of the month.  Even better, I might be able to keep my closet doors closed....

My trainer is moving on to Graduate School at the end of next month.  I've been trying to work without him, at the same intensity level.  While in my head I know I can do it, I'm still having trouble trying to convince my body that I can push myself that hard without him there.  The mental game I'm playing with myself, to be able to do this, is more than I was expecting.  Honestly, the motivation to succeed is high.  I bought a cute little flirty skirt off the rack in the regular size at the store on Friday.  I'm wearing it to work today.  I want to continue to buy those cute little flirty skirts, and maybe even a few in a smaller size, so I will find a way to keep working out, and I'll find a way to step up the intensity level.

I don't know if you can clearly see the "Service Past Due -59 miles" note.
Finally, this picture.  The new car is smarter than I am.  It does a better job of keeping track of service dates than I do.  I had scheduled an oil change and service last week.  When I drove it into the mechanic's lot, this was the annoying message on the dashboard notification system.  Only the mechanic can reset that button.  Just how annoying is that?  I probably need something equally annoying to push me to go schedule my mammogram...




No comments:

Post a Comment