Monday, February 13, 2017

Change is in the Air


I've been thinking about the blog recently.  I've found that I've moved away from funny stories and tales and have moved into ground where I'm covering more books, more library stuff, and not following along with what was my original intent of this blog.  Mainly: crafting, raising kids, and making a house a home.  Over the years since I've started this blog, I've seen my three kids graduate from high school, and come this spring, two of them from college.  I've gone from juggling kids and working part time jobs to making that awkward transition to empty-nester with grown kids living in the house - sometimes.  It's a weird transition, to be sure.  And it's one that I need to explore more, because I'm certain I'm not the only person out there who's experiencing this phase of life.

On the other hand, I'm finding that this blog is beginning to reflect what I'm doing at work more and more - the larger number of book reviews, etc.  And I am getting further and further away from what I originally intended to do.

So, what to do?

I am going to be changing up a few things.  I already keep a blog of Young Adult Books that I read.  I began that blog many years ago when I took a class in Young Adult Literature while working on my Master's Degree.  I plan on keeping that blog.  I enjoy reading YA literature.  If you're interested in following that blog, you can find it here: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/

I'm going to start another blog - Library Nut's Library Blog.  My plan is to update it sporadically with programming ideas, books, and other library stuff.  Will I review books on that blog?  Yes, but it's going to be different.  I'm going to be reviewing the best books that I read.  Across all genres.  And, I'm going to talk more about books.  And library issues.  You can find my Library Blog here: http://librarynutblog.blogspot.com/

I have a Goodreads account.  Some of the books I read are reviewed on there.  You can see all of my shelves there.  I'll continue to list my books on the sidebar under books for this year, but I'm going to move away from reviewing the books on this blog.  If I can ever figure out how to link my Goodreads account to this blog, then I'll add the link onto the side bar! 

What does that mean for Mini-Van Mom?  It means I'm going to continue to post, but I'm going to do so less often.  I'll be posting at least once a week.  Maybe even twice a week.  I'd like to say I'm going to go for three times a week, but I wouldn't count on it.  For now, I will continue to post my Musings on Monday.  Look for something else around Wednesday or Thursday. I'm going to go for quality over quantity for now.  I want to get back to writing one funny something a week.  Something that makes you think and hopefully laugh a little bit.

Thanks so much for sticking with me through the past six months!  Adjusting to the new job, the change in the hours that I work, and the new work environment has taken some time.  I appreciate everyone who clicks in to check in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment