Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Musings

Hair Down or Hair Up?
I was working the reference desk the other day and had my hair pulled up.  I don't often pull it up while it work, but it was an exceptionally bad hair day.  I had a patron who came over to me and said "We took a poll.  We decided you look better with your hair down."  Honestly!  How sweet is that?  Not only do they pay attention, they feel comfortable enough with me to come over and tell me something that sweet!  (At least I'm taking it as sweet...)

Super Bowl
I am a part of a group that occasionally donates dinner to a men's shelter.  Last night, we dropped off not only dinner, but snacks and appetizers to munch on during the Super Bowl game.  Wow, that stuff really appreciated.  I think we tend to forget that people who are struggling in one way or another appreciate having the ability to celebrate big events just like everyone else.

Cleaning and Organizing
Can I just say here how much I hate cleaning and organizing?  One of these days I'm going to post a picture of just how bad the closet in the Master Bedroom got.  It's pretty bad. I clean and organize it once a year, and every year, I say I'm going to do a better job of keeping things organized, and then 12 months later, I'm muttering under my breath as I once again pull everything out and organize it all again.

Zumbathon
A couple of weeks back, daughter and I participated in a two hour Zumbathon to raise money for field maintenance for the Parks Department.  It was a wonderful time - the class was taught by a host of Master Zumba teachers.  We had a marvelous time, and I not only lasted for the two full hours, I had so much fun!

Eclipse 2017
No, this isn't another Twilight book about Vampires.  It's an actual solar eclipse that will be visible across a large swath of North America on August 21.  I've only ever seen one other - back when I was in college - and let me tell you, it was way cool.  I'm very, very excited to see another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment