Wednesday, February 15, 2017

NoSpenduary Week 6

Our savings account continues to slowly creep upwards.  Knock on wood, we will have no major expenses before we renovate the hallway bathroom in March!

Things We Did This Week to Save Money:
1) Checked out DVD's from the library - AND we returned them on time so that we didn't have to pay overdue fines.

2) I worked on daughter's quilt.  Okay, not sure how this is saving money, but since I'm not actually out spending money because I'm trying to finish the darn thing, technically, this counts!

3) I picked up a couple of extra shifts at work to help add more money to the budget for the bathroom renovation.

4) I packed my lunch every day that I went to work.

5) I looked long and hard around the yard and found a place to put my garden this year.  It's time to lay that puppy out!  I currently have it marked on paper - but I'm going to get out this weekend and mark it out with string.

What We Ate for Dinner This Week.
1) Vegetarian Chili

2) Burritos made from the Vegetarian Chili

3) Some really hideous combination of vegetables that I put together in Spring Rolls.  It ended up tasting just as hideous as it sounds.  I think my biggest mistake was trying to broil them - hoping they'd taste more like egg rolls.  Yeah, no - don't do that.  It really doesn't work! 

4) Salmon Pasta Salad

5) Latkes and a big green salad

6) Baked potatoes (made with the potatoes we didn't use for the Latkes) and the leftover chili and veggies from the spring roll disaster.  Surprisingly, this turned out to be really, really good!

7) I picked up a box of Jammin' Jerk Shrimp from the grocery store before I went to work last night.  I had mine over brown rice with a side of green leafy stuff.  Husband had a side salad of green leafy stuff and foraged through the leftovers in the fridge.  He made a small batch of biscuits and had those with all of the leftover vegetable soup from last week.

Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing breaks before we get the bathroom replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment