Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Our Friendly, Neighborhood Squirrel

I'm hoping the photo captures this.  This is a squirrel.  She's a very blonde squirrel.  She is always up close to our house, just as curious about what goes on in our house as we are about what she's doing outside.

The screen door in our kitchen doesn't close all the way.  We have to pull it shut behind us. It's been a problem in the past, as the cats will poke their heads out and slowly work their way outside - and then they cry because they are on the wrong side of the door - and we have to go find them.

 Last week, I was running things out to the car before I left for work.  I didn't pull the door shut behind me when I ran into the house to get my purse and lunchbox.  I turned around to walk back to the door, and guess what I found?

Our friendly, neighborhood squirrel.  She had poked her head inside of the kitchen door and was looking around.  When she saw me looking at her, she jumped in surprise, pulled her head back out, and ran off.

I just know that one of these days I'm going to find her curled up on a couch with the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment