Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hobbes

I haven't written much about him lately, but he is thriving!  He's 10 months old now, and he's almost grown to his full size.  When we brought him home, his feet were so much bigger than the rest of him - and his legs were long and gangly.  Now, his body matches his legs and his feet!  He's a big, long, sleek and gorgeous cat.

But he's still very much a kitten.

He has a handful of catnip mice that are HIS.  Watch out Luna, he will fight you for those mice.  He plays with them, bats them around the house, and will play fetch with you for the mice.  It's great having a young cat!

The biggest problem we have with him is his appetite.  He eats EVERYTHING.  I can't put my cereal down on the table and go back to get something else.  If I do, I'll find him face down in my cereal, going at it like it's cat chow!


He also likes to drink water from our glasses.  I recently started using the narrow mouth mason jars as my drinking glasses to keep him from coming over, dunking his head in my glass and drinking my water.  I know, I know, it's cruel to only keep 4 bowls of water in the house for the cats.  1 in each bathroom, 1 in the bay window, and 1 in the kitchen.  He really should have one on the table.


Yesterday, I was eating my breakfast at the table, and I had my glass of water next to me.  Hobbes hopped up on the chair next to me, put his front paws on the table and leaned over towards my glass.  I began to reprimand him about his behavior, and started to reach over to push him off the table when he reached out with his lightning fast paw and *wham* down went my glass, and he hopped off the table to lick the water off of the floor.

Cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment