Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Power of an Acorn

 Since trading in the mini-van, I've been driving a Honda CRV. We picked it up used at Car Max. While it's not a mini-van, it does do a great job of getting me where I need to go. Monday morning, I left the house to head to work and as I pulled out of the driveway, and as I turned left a hideous metal on metal screeching sound began. I pulled over and looked under the car to see if anything was trapped under there, but could find nothing.

As I drove into work with the noise getting louder, I saw the kids standing at bus stops along my way in, with kids and parents pointing at my car. As I stopped at a light by my work, someone stopped by my car, had me roll down my window and asked me if I knew my car was making a weird noise? He suggested that I should get it looked at.  As I made the turn into the parking garage the car shimmied so hard, I thought that the wheel was going to fall off.

The car got to my mechanic that afternoon.  And the mechanic called me on Tuesday to let me know that he had finally dug out the cause of the problem.  An Acorn. Stuck between the brake pad and the rotor. 

That's nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment