Monday, November 15, 2021

Thanksgiving Plans

 This is not really a year that I want to spend a lot of time thinking about Thanksgiving. My MIL passed earlier this year, and she has always been a huge part of our Holiday Traditions. My middle child will not be coming home this year, and our daughter and her fiance visit with us before heading to his family later in the day. I have no interest in making a big turkey, but I really feel like we need to do something.

So this year, we've decided it's time to make some new memories and start some new traditions. Fruit salad, cinnamon rolls, turkey crepes, quinoa and salmon will be among the food on the menu. If it can't be made easily, it just won't appear on our table.

After daughter leaves and heads off to go see her in-laws, we are going to head down to Virginia to go take spend some time with my mom. Hopefully, traffic will be light and we won't be spending a lot of time in traffic.

On Saturday evening, we are going to start a fire in the fire pit and invite all of our friends over. It's a pot luck think - bring a desert to share. I'm going to have 2 pots of chili and mulled cider. Many laughs and much talking and reminiscing is on the menu. 

What about you? What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment