Content Warnings: Content Notes:
incidences and discussion of infidelity, incidence of body shaming, parental estrangement, parental divorce, brief mention of past domestic violence (parent/child), brief mention of past emotional abuse (parent/child), brief mention of parental death (ALS), chronic illness (main character–endometriosis). Note that there are several explicit sex scenes in this book.
Romance novels seem to be crossing my path a lot more often recently! I love the happy endings, and I'm enjoying the spicy parts, too. In A Rush is the second book in the Friendship, RI series. I read the first in this series - In a Jam - over the summer. I fell in love with the well written characters and engaging storyline. I love that the romance is a part of the plot, but not the driving theme behind the book. If you are not into the spicy parts of this series, it is easy to flip past them and move on as the plot is not dependent upon the spice. Characters in this series are friends and appear throughout each book - but each book revolves around the story of one of the friends.
In a Rush focuses on Emme. She has just left a long relationship - after she discovered that her long term boyfriend had another long term girlfriend. The twist to this romance is that Emme's former boyfriend is going to be the best man at the wedding of Emme's best friend.
Ryan Ralston is a pro football player. He is at the top of his game and could have anything he wants. The thing is - he has always wanted Emme. Since their days as best friends in High School, he has been in love with Emme. In the aftermath of Emme's latest heartbreak, Ryan finds his opportunity to move in and declare his love.
But will Ryan and Emme's love story have the happy ending he wants?
Author Website: https://katecanterbary.com/books/in-a-rush/

No comments:
Post a Comment