Indian Cuisine is fascinating, isn't it? So many subtle depths of flavor in every single bite. Up until recently, we had an Indian restaurant across the street from where I work, and I thoroughly enjoyed eating my way through their menu with the help of the owner who loved to recommend new foods for me to try. Since that restaurant has closed, I have moved on to search for other sources of Indian Food. This journey led us down to the Washington, DC area.
Woodlands Pure Vegetarian Indian Cuisine is located in Gaithersburg, MD. The location is in the bottom floor of an office building, and is rated as one of the best Indian Food Restaurants in the Washington, DC area. Husband and I decided to set out on an adventure to try some new to us food. We met up with friends. It turns out that this restaurant is a great place to meet up with a group! Most of the food is served family style, so you are able to taste everything. The servers were excellent at giving us recommendations for food based upon what we have tried and liked before.
I had the Uthappam. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. Giant hashbrown pancake with so many vegetables mixed in doesn't do this dish justice. It was the best thing I have ever had. Sad to say, I refused to share more than a bite with anyone. It was mine! The sauces that came with the dish were not spicy and enhanced the flavor of the dish.
I also had the Mixed Vegetable Pakora. Everyone shared in this delicious appetizer! Potatoes, onions, and cauliflower are mixed with chickpea flour and then deep fried. Oh my goodness! It was amazing!
We had several curries. I tried a bite of each, but I was so enchanted with my Uthappam that I really didn't try many of the curries. We had a Chana Masala (one of my favorites), Vegetable Korma, Dal Makhani, and Aloo Gobi (another favorite). What I tasted was amazing. I was honestly hoping that we would have leftovers so that I could take them home and really enjoy them for lunch the next day. Unfortunately, we had no leftovers. We cleaned out everything!
I'm in no way tied to the Woodlands restaurant. But if you're in the Washington DC area and are looking for some amazing Indian Food - this place is great!

No comments:
Post a Comment