Saturday, January 24, 2026

Massive Snow Storm Headed to the East Coast

The preparations for any major snowstorm in the Mid-Atlantic are always amusing.  People panic buy like we're going to be snowbound for a month or more.  The reality in 2025 is that we might be snowed in for a week, at most.  Even here in Maryland, our road crews are great at getting business moving again in pretty quick order.  I grew up in the Mid-West.  TBH, we are always prepared for bad weather.  We've always got enough food in the freezer and non-perishables to see us through for a couple of weeks in the winter time.  Blizzards are no joke.  We don't get many blizzards here in Maryland, and I'm not certain if this storm will be a blizzard or not.

But watching people freak out is a wonderful past time for me!  We have a turkey that I picked up on sale after Thanksgiving that we are going to cook tomorrow.  Somehow, I found a relatively small bird.  This one is less than 10 pounds.  The two of us should be set for days....  If the power does go out, it will be nice to have cooked food on hand.

I couldn't resist going to Wal-Mart yesterday.  This storm has been hyped so much, I was curious just how much people were panicking.  Let me tell you, the visit did not disappoint.  

Evidently, a lot of beef chili is going to be had in the Burg.
We need to have a chili cook off at some point!



Or maybe we're all making wings?


There's just a little milk left - all of it Lactose Free.
I love the half gallons of chocolate milk!
I really should have picked one up!
If only I wasn't on a quest to lose weight...

I enjoyed my visit.  I needed to break a $20, so I got a salad from Subway and sat down and watched the chaos at the registers for a while.  I give a lot of credit to the employees - they really kept those self check outs moving fast!  But I am wondering why someone needed 10 cartons of eggs.  If you're reading this, I want to know what you're making with them! Please tell!  Give me the recipes!

I admit, I did panic buy one item.  White acid free cardstock.  I'm working on an old scrapbook that I found from the 1950's.  Everything was glued down, front and back to the same page.  And the pages are disintegrating.  The items that were glued down are of historic significance.  I'm hoping to get at least some of the pages pulled apart and remade.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to safely do this without ruining all of the documents, please let me know!  I really would appreciate your input!

Seriously folks - if you're in the way of this storm, stay safe and warm.  This promises to be the first wild winter weather event we've had in Maryland in 10 years.  I'm thrilled to have some snow!  My hiking boots are out, and I found my sled!  There's a little hill in our back yard that I've got my eye on.  It's been 10 years since I last took a sled down that hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment