Saturday, December 28, 2013

Advent Photo a Day Challenge

I participated in the Photo a Day Challenge that was run by the United Methodist Church this year.  The purpose was to make you think more deeply about the true meaning of the season, to focus more on the spiritual, and less on the commercial.

This has become a movement in the United Methodist Church, as church leaders fear that we have moved away from the meaning of Christmas- the birth of Jesus - to focus more on the present grab.  Video footage of Black Friday Sales, Christmas Eve Sales, and After Christmas sales tend to back this up. 

Anyway, now that Advent is over, and we are officially in the Christmas season, I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures that I used.  All pictures were taken by me.

Freedom


Rejoice
 

Mercy
This one needs to be explained a little. 
This is at the old North Church in Boston.
Every dog tag on this wall represents a life lost in Afghanistan or Iraq since the war began.
I took this picture 5 years ago.
 I honestly don't want to even think about how many more tags are now keeping silent vigil.

Light.

 

 
All photos copyright 2013, by Mini Van Mom.  Pictures may not be used without the express written consent of the Mini Van Mom.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment