Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Laptop is HOME!!

A first world issue, I know.  When others in this world are struggling to find food, shelter, and keep their children safe... here I am worried about my laptop.

The Geek Squad did a fine job of fixing my computer.  Not a timely job, by any means.  They've had it for well over 2 weeks, and all that needed to be done was to have the computer case (the hard shell) on the bottom replaced.  It spent a week sitting in a warehouse in Baltimore before it was shipped out to the repair center in Kentucky.  It took them less than 12 hours to fix it, and it arrived in Maryland on Wednesday.  (I followed those tracking numbers, more out of curiosity than anything else.)  It's been sitting in Laurel since Weds, and was delivered to my local store yesterday.

Weird thing is, I didn't work yesterday, and they told me I couldn't pick up my computer before 5:30.  It arrived in store at 11 a.m.  So, why did I have to wait until 5:30?  They told me that if I just showed up to pick it up, I wouldn't be able to retrieve it before 5:30.  Really?  When I asked last night at the store when I picked it up, they told me that I could have come in at any time after they called me and picked it up.

Either way, I'm so very happy to have my laptop back!  I had some projects I was working on, and I am thrilled beyond words to be able to sit down and work on them again!

I hope you have a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment