Friday, May 30, 2014

My Resolutions

Back in January, I made a list of 10 resolutions that I wanted to keep this year.  At the end of each month, I've been going back to take a look at my resolutions.  On some, I've made fantastic progress.  On others, I seem to have stalled out completely.  I really need to make a push to work on some of them.

1) 365 Grateful
I have been journaling occasionally.  I've been taking pictures almost daily.  It's been nice to focus on the positive things I have to be thankful for each day!

2) Lose 10 Pounds
Done!  Who-Hoo!  11 pounds down from January!  Can you believe it?

I decided to go ahead and work on the next ten pounds.  I'm down 2 more pounds this month, for a total of 13 pounds.  Slow and steady progress, sustainable changes to my eating habits.  It would be fantastic to see a loss of 20 pounds before the end of the year!

3) Run
I haven't actually been running, but I have been walking more.  I park at the far side of the parking lot at work, and on nice days, I walk around the business park before I go home.

I still have this elusive vision of myself running a 5K and finishing in the middle of the pack, or maybe even running a marathon.  But, the more I actually look at how much I despise running, the more I don't think I'm actually ever going to begin running.  But, I am getting more exercise every single day!  On the whole, that's more important than running.

4) Get Out of Debt
Making progress.  We are paying cash for everything now except for gas. 

I've been setting aside money for the boys textbooks this fall.  I have a goal of paying cash for those books! 

5) Finish Cleaning Out the Basement
I spent some time down here last weekend.  I can walk around the room, but there is still a lot of work to be done.  I have some serious sifting and sorting to do. I'm aiming for another garage sale come August/September.  We have plans to spend more time down there this weekend.

6) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt
Last month, I had begun piecing the quilt blocks together.  I haven't made any more progress on this project this month.  I was zipping along when the needle broke on my machine.  It took me two weeks to find a replacement needle.  I have the needle - I just need to figure out how to put it into the machine to make it work.  I lost the instruction manual long ago, and I can't find instructions for this 30 year old machine anywhere on the web.

7) Spend More Time With My Family
With an almost empty nest, I treasure every moment I get with the kids.  We had all of Memorial Day weekend together, and moved oldest child into his apartment Monday afternoon.  Relay for Life is this weekend, and we will ALL be spending the night together with friends and family. 

8)  Finish the Book I Keep Saying I'm Going to Write
No progress AGAIN this month.  Starting a new job has kind of put a cramp in that. I really need to push to get this started again.

9) Finish the hallway bathroom
Still saving for this.  We want to pay cash for this, there's no way it's going on a credit card.  The problem is, we're also saving for the fall textbook purchase, too.

10) Get Back Into My Music
Done and done.

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment