Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Resolutions

I'm still keeping track of my resolutions.  It's been 4 completed months now....

1) 365 Grateful
I'm not journaling every single day.  I am still making a point of listing something different that I am thankful for every couple of days.  I might have to begin doing my gratitude journal on here...

2) Lose 10 Pounds
Done!  Who-Hoo!  11 pounds down from January!  Can you believe it?
I'm going to work on the next 11 pounds, but this isn't one of my resolutions.  I'm going to keep going while I've got the momentum.

3) Run
I haven't actually been running, but I have been walking more.  I park at the far side of the parking lot at work, and on nice days, I walk around the business park before I go home.

4) Get Out of Debt
Making progress.  We are paying cash for everything now except for gas.  I pay about $35 to fill the Civic with gas, about once every 5 days.  The van costs well over $50.  I'm not sure how much since the husband drives the van and I don't.  He carpools with several other people in our neighborhood in the van down to the Park and Ride, where they catch a van pool.  He fills the van once every 10 days or so, but I have no idea how much it costs him to fill it completely.

5) Finish Cleaning Out the Basement
No progress made this month.  It's just such a mess, and just so darn discouraging.  Maybe this month....

6) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt
I've pieced it, and I've begun sewing the blocks together.  Progress!

7) Spend More Time With My Family
The boys will be home from college this weekend.  I have cleared the calendar so that I can sit around with them and catch up.

8)  Finish the Book I Keep Saying I'm Going to Write
No progress this month.  Starting a new job has kind of put a cramp in that.

9) Finish the hallway bathroom
Still saving for this.  We want to pay cash for this, there's no way it's going on a credit card.

10) Get Back Into My Music
Done and done. 

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment