Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Kale

image: www.eatingwell.com
Kale.  It's what in season right now - but how do you eat it?  I will cut it up and put it into salads and
my scrambled eggs, and I've even been known to put a few handfuls into my smoothies this time of year.

I know that it is extremely healthy, listed on many websites as full of fantastic vitamins that will help your body fight cancer.

But cooking it?  I've always struggled with how to cook it.  I am always on the lookout for new and different recipes that taste good.

I found this recipe for Portuguese Kale and Red Bean Soup in Eating Well Magazine.  We made it for dinner.  Oh my stars, was it fantastic!!!

Since daughter is a vegetarian, we made this as a vegetarian soup.  Instead of chicken broth, we used vegetable broth, and omitted the sausage entirely.  We also cooked up a little bit of brown rice separately and then each person added it to their own bowl according to their own taste before adding their own soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment