Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Resolutions

At the beginning of each year, I like to make a list of resolutions.  I like to post them here, publicly and check back in on them once a month to keep myself on track.  These weren't random resolutions.  I made them for a reason.  By checking back once a month, I am keeping myself honest.  They're written down, and I'm holding myself accountable for them!

1) Exercise More.  
My goal was to get out to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.  It's been very cold, and the roads have been dangerous out here. If we count shoveling snow, we can say that I've averaged 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week.  Must do better next month.

2) Lose 10 pounds.
2 pounds lost this month! 

3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom.
This is a repeat from last year.

4) Finish oldest child's quilt.
The quilt is pinned!  Who-Hoo!  I'll be putting it into the quilting hoop later on today!

5) Clean and organize the Family Room in the basement.
Bag of trash after bag of trash, after Goodwill Runs.  Most of this room is clean now.  I'm wading my way through papers.  I still have to go through and organize the bookshelves.  It's the librarian in me - I have always kept those books in order by subject.  Now that I can actually get to the shelves, the books will soon be organized.  Unfortunately, it looks as if there's lots of little stuff that needs to be sorted out on the shelves, too.

6) Cut back on the time I spend on Social Media.
I'm only looking at social media now first thing in the morning, when I'm waiting for my husband to get through the bathroom, and at lunch time.  Now that I've cut back on how much time I spent on Facebook, I'm realizing just how little people actually have to say. 

7) Read 75 books this year.


I'm making some serious progress on this.  I've been blogging about each of the books I've read in this challenge as I go.  I have a page dedicated to the books I'm reading this year.  You can find it on the right hand side of this page, listed as "2015 Book Challenge".  I have 7 books that I have reviewed in the month of January, with one more that I've completed and need to review next week. I have two more books from work sitting on the kitchen table, ready for me to read next. 

8) Get out of debt.
Working on it. 

9) Spend more time with my family
Always a priority, and it gets harder and harder as the kids go off to college and get lives of their own.  The semester began last weekend, and the boys went back to school.  For most of the month of January, we had a fantastic time together and enjoyed each other's company no end.

10)  365 Grateful
I will continue to find a way to be thankful for the things I have.  There are a lot of awful things that happen, but I will focus on the positive.  You can lose yourself in negativity.  I've been posting pictures on Flickr, and some on here.  Any way I can find to keep myself positive!

11) Replace the car that was totaled.
It needs to be done, even in the midst of paying off loans, a bathroom that needs to be remodeled, and college expenses.  Our Civic has 225,000 miles on it.  It's a great car, and we keep up to date on the maintenance, but by God, do we need to make certain we have a back up plan!  The van doesn't have nearly as many miles on it, but putting gas in that behemoth is expensive. 

12) I will maintain my friendships.
I've done this!  I've had lunch with friends twice, and I got in touch with two other friends- not for good reasons, each of them lost a parent this month.  I called them each after the funeral to talk to them, and took them a gift card for a local restaurant so that they can get out for dinner and get away from home for a while.

13) Have a few more adventures this year.
We went to Savannah earlier this month while the boys were home from school.  Lovely city!







14) Craft More
Finished (more or less, still need to bind the edge) my Christmas Quilt project!
The original idea was to finish 12 projects in 1 year.  One down!


How are you doing on your resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment