Saturday, January 10, 2015

Secrets of Self-Healing

Maoshing, Ni.  Secrets of Self-Healing.  2008.  Avery Press, a division of Penguin Publishing, New York, NY.

Hardcover, $24.95.  ISBN: 978-1-58333-296-2.

Book Review:

The Secrets of Self-Healing is a very quick look at the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine.  Dr. Mao is a doctor of Chinese Medicine, with an established practice.

Dr. Mao asserts that within us, we have the ability to heal many of our common ailments, by balancing our energy and eating the proper foods and nutrition.  A healthy body, healthy spirit, and balanced life are crucial for your well being.  Any imbalance in these spheres will lead to sickness as your body fights to regain balance.

The first half of this book is a quick look at the five elements and how they impact your life.
Special attention is paid to the importance of a balanced spiritual life and the role of excellent nutrition.  He touches upon the importance of a cleaning the clutter out of our homes, and the importance of living in harmony with the world around us.

In the second half of his book, Dr. Mao takes a look at individual ailments, and what can be done at home to help yourself heal.

Throughout the book, Dr. Mao stresses that Eastern and Western Medicine are complimentary, and need to work together to solve the most serious illnesses we face.

I really enjoyed the book. I've been working on improving my eating habits.  I found out some fantastic tips on which foods work better for me.  I also found some solid, hands on strategies that will help me focus more on keeping myself healthy and moving as I age.



Disclosure Notice:  Mini-Van mom is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program.  The picture of the book cover, above is a link to my Amazon Affiliates account.  Your purchase through this program will support this site.  Thank you for supporting Mini-Van Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment