Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Snow

It is so beautiful, yet so treacherous.

Yesterday morning, it began snowing just as rush hour started.  Unfortunately for us, the weather was such that the snow hit the pretreated roads, melted, and then flash froze.

Talk about a fun commute!

Most schools around here delayed 2 hours, and then closed.

I attempted to get to work.  It took me half an hour to go two miles.  The main road South was closed.
My alternate route South was closed.  The back, back, back way was closed due to accidents.

I finally gave up and headed home.  I found out once I got back that my place of employment had closed for the day.  *sigh* wish I'd known that before I headed out!

The good news is, I made it safely home, without an accident.  I was able to spend the day with two of my kids.

What about the third one?  He's in Phoenix.  He sent me weather updates and pictures.  Remind me why I told him to text me and let me know how he was doing?

Snow on my Autumn Joy Sedum. 

 

We really didn't get that much snow, considering how much havoc it caused.

A view down my street.  I took this at 3 pm - still no snow plow!

Berries in the snow.  I tried to capture a picture of the birds flitting around on this bush, but they didn't cooperate with me!







No comments:

Post a Comment