Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Butternut Squash

You might remember that I bought a half bushel of squash earlier this fall.  I haven't made as much
progress working my way through that pile of orangey goodness as I would like.  But, this week, I made some headway - I took out 2 Butternut Squash.  We roasted them up for dinner one night this week.

Making them was easy-peasey.  The squash caramelize in the heat of the oven, and the taste is sublime.  We've got some serious winter squash love going on this week!

Roasted Butternut Squash


Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes 
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Set oven to 350*.
*Note - peeling a raw butternut is difficult to do.  Don't expect to use a potato peeler.  I used the butcher knife to chop the ends off, and then cut the squash in half lengthwise.  I then cut each half into inch long strips, used the knife to peel off the rind, and then cut the strips down again into one inch cubes.

Oil a rimmed cookie sheet with a quarter cup of olive oil.  Add the butternut squash, and salt and pepper to taste.  Toss everything together, making sure all of the cubes are equally coated.

Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash pierce easily with a fork. 


No comments:

Post a Comment