Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sweet Potato Casseroles

Photo: Bettina W.
Sweet Potatoes always make an appearance on our holiday table.  Especially this year, when husband and I each picked up 5 pounds of sweet potatoes separate from each other - and then a friend gave us another five pounds the week before Christmas.  This year, eating all of the sweet potatoes became more of a challenge than we were expecting.  So, what do you do when you are faced with 15 pounds of sweet potatoes?  I cleaned and roasted all of them.  I held back 4 of the largest ones for Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad.  (From Two Peas and Their Pod blog.)  Hey - this recipe is a keeper!  It is absolutely amazing.

We peeled the rest of the potatoes.  1 Cup went into Sweet Potato Biscuits.  (Recipe from Southern Living.)   The rest of the sweet potatoes went into a sweet potato casserole.  (Recipe from Recipe4Living.)  I had to change this one up a little bit since our family can't handle dairy.  In place of the butter, I used coconut oil in a 1-1 replacement.  I used pineapple juice - no milk.  This recipe is great!  Somehow, the portions worked out perfectly for us.  If I'd had more mashed sweet potatoes, I could have adjusted the remaining ingredients accordingly.

Disclaimer:  I don't have any connection with any of the sites I have linked to in this article.  These were the recipes I found and used for our holiday celebration.  I found many of them through Pinterest.  You can follow me here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment