Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Winter Squash Stew with White Beans and Kale

photo: Bettina W.
We had this for dinner last night, and used the Hubbard Squash that was in our half bushel.  This was a recipe that I found on the Whole Foods website.  You can find it here. The soup was very, very tasty.  We had no leftovers, so you know it was a good recipe!  The only complaint that I had about this recipe was that there was too much Kale.  The next time I make this, I am going to use half of the recommended amount of Kale.   There is one note I read in the comments that I wanted to point out.  The recipe calls for Apple Cider.   Make certain that you use Apple Cider.  (not apple cider vinegar)

We are not yet finished with the winter squash.  I have a Cinderella Pumpkin, 3 Acorn Squash, and something else that I don't know.  I have at least 3 more squash based meals to eat, as well as 4 cups of frozen pureed pumpkin that I made earlier in the fall when I pureed the pumpkin for the Black Bean and Pumpkin Enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment