Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blizzard 2K16

We have power, but no Internet!   Im posting this from my phone, so i apologize in advance for any spelling & grammar mistakes. 

The snow stopped late last night, leaving us with 29" of snow on the ground. We are fortunate to be inland and west of Baltimore. The coastal areas did not fare as well. The damage in Ocean City NJ & Ocean City MD is phenomenal. OC Maryland lost part of the pier yesterday. OC NJ had flooding that was worse than Hurricane Sandy.  

We haven't seen a plow on our road yet, and don't expect to see one today.  We've been out for half an hour at a time since the sun came up, shoveling out our driveway. We think we've got 2 more shifts to go before we finish the drive and start clearing the cars. 

My big, messy room down in the basement is now a big room with some mess.  I more than met my goals for cleaning that room for the month of January. I doubt if I'll get it all cleaned before we get out & about again, but its fun to think that I might. 

Since our Internet is down, so is Netflix. But, I had found the first season of Boston Legal at the library last week. We're working our way through that. 

If you live on the East Coast, please be careful digging out. We've had a lot of heart attacks from people digging out. Nobody wants to do CPR on a driveway! 
Go slow, and work in half hour shifts.  You're not going anywhere, so relax and enjoy your time at home!




The gorgeous tree in the back yard. See those metal posts sticking up out of the snow?  Those are the supports for the canopy of yhe swing, which is out by the fire pit. The seat for the swing is under all that snow. 


The view of the front of our house, down the street. See?  No plows have been through here!



My neighbors house across the street. See the cars? Look closely - they're giant snow mounds!


The canyon that is our driveway. We have about 20' to get to the street, and then we need to get the cars shoveled out. 




Speaking of cars - do you like the snow sculpture on the back of my car?  Wind blown!


I love the way the snow is all nestled up in the branches of the Maple tree!  Gorgeous!











No comments:

Post a Comment