Friday, January 15, 2016

Frugal Friday

This has been a productive week.  I don't know about frugal!

The oldest child went back to school this weekend.  The weather was frightful when he and his friends drove back home.  They got back safely.  Classes began on Monday, and he is in the midst of getting into new classes, buying new books, and learning new material.

50 items in this box
The kids all celebrate birthdays this week.  Yes, three kids born in the same week in January.  How's that for not even trying?  We went out to dinner to celebrate with the youngest two and several of their friends. (Not quite frugal, but an awful lot of fun!)

We sent a birthday package to the oldest child this week.  A couple of new sweatshirts, some food, and a little extra cash.
We are planning on going to visit him this weekend, if the weather holds out.  Driving over two mountain ranges, you never know what kind of weather you can expect.  I sure hope we don't get trapped up there!

The quest for cleaning out the house continues.  The picture on the right shows this weeks' box of donations. It has 50 things.  Combine this with last week's box of 23 items, and we've got 73 items OUT of the house this week - not counting the very large number of items that went out in the large green trash bag last week.  Progress, progress, progress.  The goal for the year was 1200 pieces of crap.  Only 1177 to go!

I'm starting a class for work this next week.  It's three CEU's.  Even better, it's free!  This will count towards my library certifications, but I don't know that it will count towards my teaching certificate.  I am still on the hunt for an inexpensive 3 CEU's for my teaching certificate.  Finding this should be a hoot!  I wonder what wonderful new thing I'm going to discover?  I wonder WHERE I'm going to discover this wonderful new thing?

I hope you've had a wonderful week, accomplishing many frugal things!  If you did meet your frugal goals, go ahead and share them so that I can live vicariously through your frugality!


No comments:

Post a Comment