Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Squirrels

Maryland
I have a soft spot in my heart for these playful little rodents!  I've got several who live in my yard, and they play in the big Maple Tree next to my garage, torment my cats, and just recently began climbing on the window screens.  I'm pretty sure they're the cause of a lot of the leaf mess in my back yard.  But I really do enjoy watching them play!  Funny thing is, no matter where I travel, I see squirrels.  But, they are not the same color as the squirrels in Maryland. 

Weird right?

I've been taking pictures of them over the years.  In my quest to clean out my phone before I replace it, I've finally tracked down my "good" squirrel pictures.  You know, the pictures where the squirrels are actually visible and not a small dot or a smudge on the camera screen.
SO, here in Maryland, our squirrels are grey-brown.  More grey than brown.


And the ones in Colorado?  Reddish- Brown.
Colorado
The ones in Canada are the most striking of all.  They are a gorgeous, beautiful shiny black.
Let me be specific.  I found these beautiful guys around Niagara Falls and Ottawa.
          
Canada






So, what color are the squirrels in your neck of the woods?  Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment