Monday, April 13, 2015

I swear to you, it jumped me!

Saturday was beautiful.  What a gorgeous day!

Daughter and I were on a mission.  We had to find her white shoes to wear to graduation.  Granted, graduation is 7-ish weeks away.  (35 school days, according to daughter.)  We've been having issues finding white shoes.  They just aren't out there.

We had good intel that there were white shoes aplenty at DSW.

And so, we went to DSW.

We had lunch, and we walked around the beautiful little outdoor mall.  We stopped into the little shops, and then we went a little wild in DSW.  We found the white shoes.  We found the purse for prom. I even found a really cute pair of shoes.

As we were walking back to the car, I found myself on the ground, hard.  I don't really know how I got there.  I suspect that the sidewalk jumped me!

Honestly, the sidewalks here have heaved at the joints, and walking can be iffy if you don't keep an eye on your feet. Road repair is the order of the day at this moment in time, and the sidewalks are being ignored.

My foot hit the edge of a sidewalk heave, and I went down like a ton of bricks.  I twisted my right ankle.  I landed hard, oh so hard on my left knee.  I managed to catch myself on my hands.  The force with which I landed on my knee made me naseous.

Several passerby stopped and helped my daughter and I get back to my car.  I hobbled my way back to the car, and daughter drove us to the ER.

After 4 hours, it was determined that I had severe soft tissue damage in my knee.  I'm going to have to stay off of my knee - and on crutches - for a week. If things don't improve by the end of the week, then I can go in for an MRI and see if there are torn muscles or ligaments.

Yuck.

My entire leg is beautiful this morning.  It is swollen from my hip down to my toes.  The swelling has gone down somewhat, but I am still unable to pull my jeans up over my knee.   Not to mention the fact that my shoes aren't really fitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment