Thursday, April 16, 2015

Memory Locket

With making all of the graduation presents for the oldest and youngest, I have found myself very nostalgic of late.  Remembering the times when my own children were little, and tracking down old family recipes has made me think longingly of a time long past.

For years now, I have held onto the old odds and ends of necklaces, earrings, and pins - all now broken - that my Aunts and Father gave me when I was younger.

I pull them out occasionally, look through them, and remember those who have passed on, memorialized in these tiny little pieces of jewelry.

A few weeks ago, I found this charming locket at Kohl's.  Closed with a strong magnetic latch, I was hoping that I could put some of my old little odds and ends in here.  The price was higher than I was willing to pay.  Kohl's has some excellent sales.  I was fortunate enough to be able to combine the sale with Kohl's cash.  As a result, I paid $10 for the locket.  That was just about what I was willing to pay!


After the rather harsh realization that not all of the charms were going to fit into that locket.  (What was I thinking, anyway?)  I had to chose the few items that would fit in there.  I chose a couple of necklace charms, and took apart an earring for the beads and mixed them into the locket with the rest of the charms.



In this fine little locket, I have charms from Aunt Joyce, Dad, and Aunt Rosie. 

So, while I am celebrating the accomplishments of my children and remembering my own graduation and milestones years past, I have a little bit of my own past with me. 

I'm still feeling nostalgic, but I am beginning to realize just how much I've accomplished in my almost 50 years on this place we call Earth. And that is helping me focus on all of our futures - not just the kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment