Monday, April 27, 2015

Random Thoughts

My knee still hurts.  The knee cap itself isn't broken.  It's the medial ligament on the inside of my knee that hurts.  It feels like a rubber band.  It's better, but I'm still walking with a limp.  How long is this going to take to heal?  It's been 2 weeks and I'm still walking like a zombie!

Our apple tree is almost ready to burst into bloom.  The blossoms are big and fat, but they haven't opened yet.  Last week's cold weather kept them closed.  I hope they're open when I get home today!

Middle child was home for the weekend.  We were playing a game called "teach me how to write a cover letter."  I played the same game with youngest child earlier in the week.  Cover letters are crucial.  They need to be short, sweet, and to the point, yet well written enough to pique the interest of the reader and get them to look at your resume and want to call you in to talk to you.

Speaking of jobs, youngest daughter has been applying for jobs for the summer.  She wants more hours - enough to pay for books.

She had an interview at the auto parts store.  When they asked her what she knew about cars, she replied "I know how to drive one".

She had an interview at the local home improvement store.  When they asked her if she'd be able to be at work at 5:30 am on Saturdays, she said "Um..... sure, I could do that." 

She's been to our vet clinic twice a month since January, putting in applications for a job.  When she showed up on Friday with her application, the office manager said "I keep seeing your application  coming across my desk.  Would you be willing to step into my office and talk with me for a few minutes?"

To date, none of these jobs has panned out.  Who knows?  (I honestly don't expect the Auto Parts store to come through!)

Oldest child sent me a text message yesterday "I have an awards ceremony on Friday.  Can you and Dad be there?  Oh, and can you bring my dress clothes up before then?"  Good thing we hadn't yet taken middle child back to school!

We're in the graduation countdown now.  3 weeks out from oldest child's graduation, and 5 from youngest child's graduation. 

Seems like only yesterday they were toddling around the house, spreading chaos everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment