Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Really Good Book

Don't you hate when you pick up a book, get sucked into the plot, and then drop everything else you're doing?  That's what happened with me and the most recent book I've read: The Accidental Empress.  Historical fiction, based upon the life of Queen Elisabeth of Austria... My God, I picked the book up and I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

I'm working on an book review.  The kind I usually do, a slightly more professional review, which I will have ready either tomorrow or Monday.

In the meantime, get your library card out, log into your local public library, and put in a request for The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki.  (When I placed my request, I was number 43 on the waitlist.  As word about this book spreads, it's going to be harder to find.)

Now that I have been rudely ripped out of the 1860's and rudely popped back into the 21st century, I need to readjust to life in this century.

And I need to adjust myself to the fact that Sisi lived well over 150 years ago, and that I will never get to meet her.  I believe I would have been just as enchanted by her as her subjects were.

*sigh*  I want to go visit Vienna and Budapest in the late 1800's.


No comments:

Post a Comment