Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scrapbooking Redux

So, yesterday, I was all proud of myself because I had finally managed to upload all of my completed scrapbook pages to Creative Memories, and was going to have them shipped to me.

Unfortunately, as soon as I finished posting yesterday, I got the notice that my order wouldn't ship to me until late November or early December.  BUT, I could have the pages shipped early, if only I paid a "small" extra fee.  That "small" fee brought the total for my pages up over $200... way up over $200.

That is unacceptable.  I love scrapbooking the old fashioned way, with my pictures, scissors, tape, and a mess of paper all over the floor.  Honestly, if you don't get to make a mess, why bother?

The only reason I had even considered doing this as a digital project was because I had begun it as a digital project- back when I was still a CM consultant. 

Honestly, I really could have scrapped this album the old fashioned way faster than I am going to get it delivered to me.

Not wanting to lose the hours I spent on this project over the past few days, I decided to look around on the web.

I found a wonderful online print shop - http://www.persnicketyprints.com/ - that will allow me to upload my pages and then have them printed and shipped to me.

The only drawback was that I had to first save my completed pages as j-pegs. 

Once I managed this feat, (Which again, took longer than it should have - my learning curve on this one is pretty high.)  I managed to upload the images, and they will be printed as 12 x 12 pages, just as they would have done had I gone through Creative Memories.

Their processing time is phenomenal.  It will take from 12-24 hours for them to process my order.  The only potential delay will come with shipping - the items must ship from their Utah location to my house.  Since I'm not willing to pay rush fees, I am curious to see how quickly everything will get to me.  Unfortunately, I think every person in the United States who has ever used Creative Memories software is also processing prints, so I think it might take a little while longer to have this stuff shipped out to me!

Did I mention the pricing?  I'm paying considerably LESS than $200.  Their price points begin at $1.99 for a 12 x 12 print, and go up from there, depending upon whether you want it printed on a foam core board or not.  (When I checked, there was no difference for Matte or Glossy finish.  That could change,  depending upon their circumstances.)

I'm not getting any money from Persnickety for this.  I'm not being paid anything by them for this post.  I just want to share what I found with other people who are searching for a way to print their scrapbook albums.  I'll let you know about their quality when I get the prints back.

No comments:

Post a Comment