Tuesday, September 1, 2015

New Years Resolutions 2015

I'm seeing the fruition of a few more of my goals.  Keeping track of these goals publicly is making a difference... I am actually making progress towards completing them! I don't think I'm going to complete #1 though.  It's beginning to seem a little too optimistic.  Even for me.

1) Exercise More, Walk 500 Miles

Exercising more is good for me, right? Seriously, I know it is!  I began a yoga class this past week, and after several days of muscle soreness, I have found that parts of me that usually hurt a lot are hurting a lot less!  I've been working on the poses that help with my pain in between classes this week, and I'm looking forward to my next class tomorrow.

I have a goal of walking the Great Pumpkin 5K in November.  I need to get my mileage up between now and then, but the goal is definitely within reach!  The Walk is around a farmer's field, in the fall.  Does life get much better than walking in the woods around fields on a crisp autumn morning?

Miles walked this month: 33
Last month's grand total: 39.24

Total Walked this year: 72.24

Did you notice that this month I almost met my entire mileage this year to date?  That's progress!


33 miles this month!


2) Lose 10 pounds
Slowly but painfully, I've lost 2 pounds this year.  I like to think that since the weight is coming of so slowly, and with dietary changes and not fad dieting, it is going to stay off.  I really want to go down one more clothing size this fall.  Really, really, really want to go down one more clothing size!


3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom
We're making some progress on this.  We believe we've got enough money saved up to hire a plumber to come in and run the lines through to the bathtub.  We'll wait until after we deliver daughter to college.  (Because why would we want to do this when all of us are living at home?)  Husband will install the tub surround.  PROGRESS!!!


4) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt

Quilt on the Bed in his new room.


5) Clean and Organize the Family Room in the Basement
Done!  We're still working on the big, messy room.  The kids have been "shopping" in the basement for stuff that they need.  Daughter has walked away with the most - taking a set of old plastic drawers and a set of milk crate shelves that I bought years and years ago.


6) Cut Back on the Time I Spend on Social Media
No Facebook on phone = much less time on Facebook.


7) Read 75 Books This Year
As of right now, I'm on book number 51, and right on target for finishing 75 books by the end of the year!  I've read a lot of fun books this year and really enjoyed myself!  You can find the list of books read this year here

The haul from my most recent library pilgrimage!


8) Get Out of Debt, Pay College Tuition Without Going Deeper Into Debt
Fall semester is paid for.  Textbooks are paid for.  The kids both kicked in substantial sums of money to help cover the cost of tuition from their summer jobs.  How can I, as a Mom, complain about this?

So proud of them!  With their own input into their tuition, they have ownership over their experience.  Ownership means that they are more likely to take their college education seriously.  (Since they know how hard they worked in order to get that money.)


9) Spend More Time With My Family
Daughter moves out in a week.  *sniff* In the meantime, I am thrilled that I only work part-time and was able to spend so much time with all 3 of the kids this summer.  Carpooling into work with oldest child, picking daughter up from work when she was one of the closers, and hearing the stories of her crazy evening, and taking middle child up and back from camp all summer long were fantastic.  Having all 3 of them home at once, cooking together, going to watch airplanes land, taking long walks... I enjoyed it all.  I'm looking to visiting each of them separately this fall!  I can't wait to see how well they are adapting to their new adventures!


10) 365 Grateful
You can find me on Flickr.  I posted a bunch of new public photos last night!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/librarynut/

11) Replace The Car That Was Totaled
Now that the last baby chick is flying the nest, we don't need 3 cars.  We managed to power through 3 years with 4 drivers and only 2 cars.  However, the Honda has 200,000+ miles on it and should be replaced soon.

12) I Will Maintain My Friendships
I saw my God-Daughter several times this month.  First time in about 10 years that I've seen her!  They had moved out of the area, but she's back in the area for graduate school!

13) I Will Have More Adventures

We spent a day volunteering for UMCOR up at Mission Central.  We assembled Health Kits.  These kits will be shipped somewhere around the world in the wake of a disaster.  They aren't meant to replace everything that might have been lost, but if you were to end up in an emergency shelter, chances are, you'd get a bag with a comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, a couple of towels, fingernail clippers, and some soap.  Items that are desperately needed, but sometimes forgotten when fleeing a home in the wake of a disaster.

Items for Hygiene kits from UMCOR


14) Craft More
I made the plate last month for my 50th birthday.  It's not a thing of beauty, but I really like it!  I think the next one I make will be ALL splatter paint.  I can handle that! 

My plate

Unicorns!

What kind of progress are you making on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment